Criminal Defense Law – Aggressive. Dependable. Smart.
Our Criminal Defense Attorneys are professional and aggressive. We take pride in our representation of those charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses in Kansas and Missouri. We protect clients. We fight for justice. We handle the following types of criminal cases in Kansas and Missouri:
• Alcohol Offenses: Kansas Driving Under the Influence (Kansas DUI), Missouri Driving While Intoxicated (Missouri DWI), Operating Under the Influence (OUI), Boating While Intoxicated (BWI), Driving Under the Influence of Drugs (DUID), Minor in Possession, Transporting an Open Container, Public Intoxication
• Traffic Offenses: Vehicular Homicide/Manslaughter, Leaving the Scene of an Injury Accident, DUI
• Drug Offenses: Misdemeanor and Felony Drug Possession, Possession of Paraphernalia, Drug Trafficking, Possession with the Intent to Sell, Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
• Physical Altercation Offenses: Assault, Battery, Domestic Battery, Domestic Violence, Criminal Damage to Property, Lewd and Lascivious Behavior, Disorderly Conduct, Disturbing the Peace
• Stealing Offenses: Theft, Shoplifting, Burglary, Robbery, Tempering, Passing a Bad Check
• Sex Offenses: Soliciting/Patronizing a Prostitute, Soliciting a Police Decoy, Internet Crimes
• White Collar Crimes: Embezzlement, Forgery, Fraud, Money Laundering, Identity Theft, Work Place Crimes, Bribery
• Probation Violations/Revocations, Diversion Revocation Hearings
Counties and Cities Served:
Counties: Platte, Clay, Cass, Jackson, Lafayette, Bates, Cedar, Ray, Henry, Pulaski, Johnson, Pettis
Cities: Kansas City, Claycomo, Pleasant Valley, Gladstone, Oakview, Northmoor, Ferrelview, Platte City, Randolph, Grandview, Raymore, Raytown, Lees Summit, Blue Springs, Belton, Harrisonville, Independence, Grain Valley, Lone Jack, Lake Winnebago, Lake Tapawingo, Lexington, Richland, Lebanon, Osage Beach, Camdenton, Springfield, Joplin, Branson, Clinton, Warsaw, Sedalia, Eldon, and others.
Counties: Johnson, Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Miami, Douglas, Shawnee, Franklin, Bourbon
Cities: Kansas City, KCK, Leawood, Overland Park, Olathe, Lenexa, Shawnee, Merriam, Prairie Village, Westwood, Mission, Fairway, Mission Hills, Mission Woods, Westwood Hills, Roeland Park, Leavenworth, Lansing, Basehor, Bonner Springs, Topeka, Lawrence, Spring Hill, Paola, Iola, Tonganoxie, and others.
• Are you concerned that you may have, or know that you have, a WARRANT for your arrest in a Kansas or Missouri Court? If so, call us before posting bond. We may be able to ask the Court to set aside the Warrant(s) and obtain a new court date.
• Have the POLICE contacted you and asked you QUESTIONS about a CRIME? If so, consult an attorney before talking. You do not have to incriminate yourself or anyone else who may be the subject of an investigation. Know your rights.
• Have you been ACCUSED of Shoplifting/Theft/Passing a bad check? If so, it is likely criminal charges will be filed and you will have to appear in Court. It is important to keep a charge like this from your criminal record. We have helped many individuals charged with theft protect their records.
• Do you have questions about EXPUNGEMENTS or eliminating an old CONVICTION? Both Kansas and Missouri allow expungements in certain circumstances. Criminal convictions on your record can haunt you forever. Contact us today to see if you qualify for an expungement.
• Have you received a Kansas or Missouri MIP and have questions about how this could affect your license, student loans, career, etc? MIP's or MIC's can be detrimental to a young person's criminal record. With so much at stake, it is not advisable to plead guilty. We have helped many minors keep convictions from their record by negotiating with the Prosecuting Attorney to secure dismissals and/or diversions for our clients.
• Do you have COURT coming up and need GUIDANCE and/or REPRESENTATION from a qualified KS/MO Criminal Defense Lawyer? Don't hesitate. Take action now. Delaying can only hurt your defense.
• Have you been involved in a FIGHT, Domestic or Public, and cited with Assault, Battery, Disturbing the Peace or Disorderly Conduct? It is important to keep these convictions from your criminal record. A conviction of any of these could impair your ability to obtain employment. We have helped many individuals faced with similar charges.
• Have you received a DUI and need help TODAY? Act Quickly. If you refused or failed a breath test, you have 15 days in MO and 10 days in KS to act to protect your license. If you miss this deadline, your license will be suspended or revoked.